Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
With small spaces, all things are possible! Okay, maybe not ALL things. But carving out a home office in your small home definitely is! If you work from home or you’re a student at college, having a place to work or study at home is important. If you live in a small home or apartment, creating that place can be a challenge. Thankfully there are ways to squeeze in a workspace in your small living space.
Need Office Furniture That Fits? Try These!
- 24 Moden Desks For Small Spaces
- 15 Stylish & Super-Affordable Office Chairs – So You Can Finally Ditch The Dining Chair! (Under $200 + FREE SHIPPING!)
7 Ways To Create An Office In A Small Space.
1. Use The Dead End Of Your Hallway
That wall at the end of your hallway is under-utilized. Place a small desk or install one of these floating desks from amazon (I love these!) to create a work area. take it a step further by hanging a few shelves and you’ve got a functional workspace that doesn’t interrupt the rest of your home.
2. Create A ‘Cloffice’
You’ve probably seen it all over Pinterest and Instagram. The office in a closet aka “Cloffice”, is a popular DIY among small space dwellers. If you can spare the space, use your closet (or part of it) as a cozy office nook.
3. Behind Your Sofa
Creating a home office in a small space can be as simple as moving furniture around. Push your desk up against the back of your sofa in your living room, add your office chair and you have a functional workspace without occupying too much extra space. Your makeshift office will blend nicely with the rest of the living room. This option is perfect for small studio apartments and other open-concept layouts.
Need A Small Desk? Browse This Roundup!
4. Install A Folding, Wall Mounded Desks
Create a home office in a small space with these fold-up desks to maximize space (found some here on Amazon) If you just need a place to write or for your laptop, then a simple wall-mounted folding desk is the perfect and most affordable option. Easily fold it down when you need to work and fold it up when you need extra space. If you want to keep things simple then this is a great choice.
5. Add A Corner Desk
Empty corners can be converted into an office space with the right desk. Create a small corner office at home with a compact, space-saving corner desk. They come in a variety of sizes and styles, so finding one that fits your style shouldn’t be hard. Add some corner shelves and you’ve got yourself a cozy office nook.
For More Corner Furniture Ideas Check out the Corner Furniture Pieces Every Small Living Room Needs!
Get This Desk On Amazon
Style By Emily Henderson
6. Use A Multi-functional Nightstand Desk
Double-duty furniture is Golden when dealing with small spaces. Use a small table or desk next to your bed to create a work desk/nightstand. That’s one less piece of furniture you need to buy, plus you gain extra space to work.
7. Go For A Ladder / Leaning Desk
The ever-popular ladder desk has been on-trend for small spaces for a while now. And for good reason too. These desks occupy very little space while creating lots of storage for all your office and study essentials. Best of all, they come in a large variety of styles, colors, and materials.
Get This Stylish Landon Wall Desk Here On Amazon!
Freestanding Ladder Desk With Drawer Here On Amazon
See Much More Stylish Ladder Desks On Amazon
You May Also Like:
- 24 Modern Desks, Perfect For Small Spaces!
- 15 Stylish Home Office Chairs, So Your Can Finally Ditch The Dining Chair! (Under $200 + Free Shipping)
- Thoughtful Gifts For Small Apartments & Tiny Homes
- Cozy Office Nook – For That Awkward Corner In Your Living Room.
- You’re Going To Love The ark Accent Walls In Small Spaces!
- TREND ALERT: White & Wood Kitchen Storage & Accessories.
- How To Decorate Small Spaces? -The Ultimate Guide!
- Best Wallpaper Patterns For Small Rooms
- Home Refresh: Update Your Decor With These Swappable Accents!
- This Furniture Style is Perfect For Small Spaces!
- How To Choose Furniture For Small Bedrooms?
Don’t Miss The Latest Posts!
- 5 Tips For Using Dark Paint Colors In Small Rooms.
- Space-Saving Kitchen & Office Solutions From Amazon!
- 7 Ways to Divide A Studio Apartment
- How To Mix And Match Rugs In A Studio Apartment?
- 18 Small Bedside Tables, That Fits Both Your Bedroom & Your Budget!
- 8 Ways To Organize A Small Kitchen Without A Pantry
- 15 Earthy, Plant-Filled Bedroom Decor Ideas You Can Steal.
PIN IT FOR LATER!